Family Session at the Domain
Because of the Coronavirus, we had to change our plans for this family from a studio cake smash session to an outdoor family session at the domain. This sweet family just rolled with the punches thrown at us by the virus and then the spring rains in central Texas. Their original date of March ended up being rescheduled several times and we were finally able to get it done months later in JUNE!
Mom, Lily, is on the front lines as a nurse and I just want to say how thankful I am for all of the work she has been doing!
When the virus came I had to close my business down for almost two whole months. When I was finally able to open again, I wanted to keep my sessions outdoors for a while until we knew more about what the virus was going to do. So Lily and I planned an outdoor cake smash in the wildflowers which would have been beautiful but then… RAIN! It would not stop raining and we just kept on rescheduling!
But honestly, I think this was worth the wait. I love doing photoshoots over at the Domain and there are so many opportunities to add pops of color and different textures into your photos. It’s just something different from your standard family in a field photo. Also, you don’t have to worry about stepping in piles of fire ants or snakes lurking amongst the wildflowers.
Aren’t they the cutest?
And this session wouldn’t be complete without some photos of the birthday girl as the star of the show! Isn’t she just precious?
I’m pretty sure these guys are Steeler’s fans but I’m not quite sure… haha!
Do you need some more convincing about why I love doing sessions at this location?
- it’s super clean and ideal for people that want to park, get out of the car, and go get their photos taken.
- The sun rises around 630am this time of year. That is NOT ideal for folks that want a morning session but don’t want to get up before down to get ready for their session. The light is beautiful but, I get it. It’s wicked early! This location allows for sessions to be done a little bit later in the morning.
- It’s NOT crowded in the morning. At all. You’d have to be crazy to do a session here in the afternoon/evening as it is super crowded. But in the morning, you’ll see a few walkers and that’s about it
- There’s quite a variety of colors and textures around for your session. My favorite areas are where some of the restaurants are- they have those patio lights and they add a little extra bling to your photos.
- This area is really perfect for headshots, dating profile pics, and family sessions. I’ve done all of these and have loved the results for each one!
Austin Family Photographer
Jen Rizy is an Austin based photographer serving the central Texas area and beyond. Call me at 860-904-8423 or you can email me at jen@hellophotographyaustin. Check out some portrait sessions HERE.